In this article we talk about the most important part of the swing – making contact with the ball. A good backswing prepares you for this, creating potential power.
Think of your address position and your strike position as one and the same thing. Essentially you want to return through your address position at the point of impact, so although the position of things will inevitably change slightly, aim to do just that. After the point of impact, make sure you complete the swing properly. No matter how successfully your strike emulated your original address, without a decent followthrough your shot will inevitably fail.
- The address position rehearses the impact position. The hips and legs will always be in a slightly different position, but if you think of the address as rehearsing your strike, it keeps your brain moving forwards!
- At the top of the backswing your back is turned towards the target, the arms lift and the left thumb supports the club. The hips and legs turn enough to allow this to happen. The left heel may or may not lift – it doesn’t matter.
- To start the downswing, push your weight firmly back towards your left heel. If the heel was off the ground at the top of the backswing, get it firmly back onto the ground – and keep it there. NOTE For low handicappers the correct weight transfer feels round towards the left heel, not just sideways to the target. But in doing it, the hips mustn’t become too active. The left arm should work hard to start the downswing, pulling down and away from the right shoulder The left arm swings to the right shoulder in the backswing and away from it to start the downswing.
- With the left arm in control, and the right shoulder passive, the club attacks the ball in a curved path, producing an impact position as similar to address as possible, and on into the followthrough.
Try this exercise
Address and impact should be virtually the same. To practice this, use an old car tyre and set up to strike it. Swing gently back and through, back and through. Each time you strike the tyre you should feel as though you are just returning to your address.
The author didnt add any Information to his profile yet
- How to Understand Bed Sizes – A Small Guide
- How to Select Some Must Have Kitchen Accessories
- Best Way to Change a Car Tire
- Best Way to Write an Affirmation
- Best Way to Take Charge of Your Financial Life
- Best Way to Survive a Party When You Don’t Know Anyone
- Best Way to Stop Self Sabotaging Yourself
- Best Way to Start Journal Writing
- Best Way to Speak with a Powerful Voice
- Best Way to Simplify Your Life
- Best Way to Respond to a Put-Down
- Best Way to Reduce Acne Breakouts
- Best Way to Recover from Dining Disasters
- Best Way to Quit Your Job Gracefully
- Best Way to Make Your Own Website